Works for Queensland program 2016–2017
The 2016–17 Works for Queensland (W4Q) program supports regional councils to undertake job-creating maintenance and minor infrastructure projects
More than 700 projects have been approved and councils estimate the works will support, sustain or create almost 6000 jobs in regional towns and cities battling high unemployment.
This initiative is funded under the State Infrastructure Fund.
The 2016–17 budget for the W4Q program is $200 million. Each eligible local government will receive a base allocation of $1 million, with an additional notional allocation based on unemployment data.
The allocation is to be spent on job-creating maintenance and minor infrastructure projects relating to assets owned or controlled by local governments.
- See the map of projects types and locations ( 1.5 MB).
- See the list of councils and funding ( 47 KB).
All endorsed 2016–17 W4Q program projects must be completed by 30 November 2017.
Forms and resources
- 2016–17 Works for Queensland program guidelines ( 121 KB)
- 2016–17 Works for Queensland 30 per cent acquittal form ( 730 KB)
- 2016–17 Works for Queensland Final Certificate form ( 731 KB)
- Project signage template and acknowledgement statement guidelines ( 218 KB)
Phone: 07 3452 6729
Northern region: 07 4758 3420
Southern region: 07 3452 6762
Last updated: Monday, Nov 30, 2020