South East Queensland Community Stimulus Program
The $100 million South East Queensland (SEQ) Community Stimulus Program will fast-track SEQ councils’ investment in new infrastructure and community assets that create jobs and deliver economic stimulus to local communities.
The following Councils are eligible to receive funding under the program: Brisbane City Council, Gold Coast City Council, Ipswich City Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Logan City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Noosa Shire Council, Redland City Council, Scenic Rim Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council, Sunshine Coast Regional Council and Toowoomba Regional Council.
The grant program provides $100 million, delivered through a mix of base allocation funding of $74 million and $26 million distributed on a competitive application basis.
The aim of the grant program is to create and sustain jobs across SEQ by providing funds that enables SEQ councils to fast-track investment in new infrastructure and community assets, including investment that:
- stimulates employment now and has lasting benefits for community assets and economic development; and
- provides for economic investment in outer-urban areas or low socio-economic areas.
All projects must be completed by 30 June 2024.
- Applications open 22 March 2021
- Applications close 16 April 2021
- Announcements expected from 1 June 2021
Forms and resources
- South East Queensland Community Stimulus Program Guidelines (PDF, 312KB)
- South East Queensland Community Stimulus Program Council approved allocation (PDF, )
Brisbane Office: (07) 3452 6762
Toowoomba Office: (07) 4616 7313
Last updated: Friday, Mar 26, 2021